- Students have the opportunity to play small group chamber music and receive coaching from professional musicians.
Solo & Ensemble Festival
- All students play a solo with a professional pianist in the second semester.
- Select students are asked to perform alongside our Hersey Orchestras at their Winter and Spring concerts when they perform full symphony orchestra classical repertoire.
ILMEA District 7 Honors Festival
- The most advanced students audition to perform alongside other advanced students from around the area in November.
ILMEA ALL-STATE Honors Festival
- Every year we have multiple students from Hersey selected to perform at the Illinois Music Educators Association All-State Conference in Peoria.
District 214 Honors Ensembles
- The most advanced students in the band program are selected to perform with the best instrumentalists in D214 at the D214 Honors Music Festival in early March.
Percussion Ensemble Festivals
- Percussion students perform at the Elk Grove Percussion Festival and put on their own Night of Percussion at Hersey in the spring.