The Fest Saturday, April 4, 2020, 10:00am – 9:30pm
Parking: There is ample parking on the Hersey campus. Limited parking is available in the front of the building, but there are large lots to the west, north and east sides of the campus.
Performance Venues: Middle school bands and first & second tier high school bands will perform in the Black Box Theatre and the East Gym located at the rear (North side) of the school via the RJ Hannon Pavilion Covered Entrance (door 36, Hannon Pavilion entrance, across from tennis courts). First tier high school bands perform on the main stage in the Ken Carter Gym in the main hallway. Enter through door 1 (front or Main Foyer South entrance) or door 32 (back Main Foyer North entrance).
Guest Etiquette: Obviously, we ask that you and your party remain quiet during performances. In addition, please silence all cell phones, pdas, etc. We also stress that you should be on time for performances as you will not be allowed in during the middle of a performance ONLY between pieces under the direction of the door monitors.
Admission: $15 for Adults all day; $12 for Adults evening after 6pm, $7 for students (with student ID) & seniors (age 65+), Free for children (ages 5 and under), $32 per family (2 parents and 2 kids, immediate family only), and $7 for our active duty Military personnel. Ticket sales will be located near the entrance to each performance venue. Cash or credit card payments will be available for ticket sales. Thank you for supporting CICBF!
Concessions: Concessions will be available in the Hersey cafeteria all day. We will offer a variety of items including hot dogs, sub sandwiches, Nino’s pizza, fresh salads, freshly baked cookies, nachos & cheese, popcorn, Dairy Queen blizzards and much more. Click here to view our menu. Payments are available by cash or credit if over $10.
Festival T-Shirts & Buttons: We are excited to offer this new 2018 Chicagoland Invitational Concert Band Festival (CICBF) T-Shirt, designed by John Hersey High School band alumni, Max Weiss. This T-Shirt is perfect, featuring fresh and classy student artwork on the front and a list of all participating bands on the back. At this price, this is an ideal item to purchase as a souvenir shirt remembering your performance and day at the Festival! A variety of fun button are available for $1, and are also great souvenirs. Click here to view the T-Shirt flyer. Payments are available by cash or credit.
Exhibitors: As an added feature for students and guests attending the festival, we host exhibitors who are selected for their overall reputation and their commitment to education and music education. We hope that you will take some time to visit them and see what they have to offer. This year, we are pleased to have the following exhibitors:
• Quinlan & Fabish – Founded in 1959 by two music educators, Quinlan & Fabish is committed to providing “the best products and the most reliable service available to the community.”
• Music for All – Founded in 1975, Music for All is one of the largest and most influential national music education organizations in support of active music making. Music for All is unique in that it combines programming at a national level with arts education advocacy.
• University of Illinois – The mission of the School of Music is to advance the art of music and its related disciplines. It seeks to educate students in the various fields of the profession and to promote an understanding of music on the campus and in the larger community. In addition, U of I is the host of extensive and comprehensive summer music programs: Illinois Summer Youth Music, ISYM.
• Elmhurst College Wind Ensemble – The Wind Ensemble is a symphonic group designed for advanced wind & percussion players who are highly proficient on their instrument and performing music of the highest caliber. Under the baton of Dr. James Hile, the ensemble performs two to three concerts, and a tour every term.
• The Player’s Bench – Player’s Bench Music Store has been serving the Crystal Lake community since 1973 with music lessons, musical instrument sales, rentals and repairs. Whether you want to learn to play or gain a greater appreciation for music, Player’s Bench is ready to help.enrich your life musically.
• US ARMY BAND – The US Army Band “Pershing’s Own” provides musical support for the leadership of the United States, to include all branches of government, and to a wide spectrum of national and international events. in support of Soldiers and their Families, public diplomacy, community and international relations, recruiting initiatives, and music education programs.
If you cannot find the Festival information you need here, please feel free to contact us.